The Children’s Community Nursing Team for Complex Care in Warrington offers nursing care and support to children and young people aged 0 – 18 yrs of age who have complex health needs, life limiting and life threatening illness......more
Additional Health Needs Panel (Neurodisability panel) in Warrington
We are a team of health care professionals, including doctors, nurses and therapy staff who work together to support families who have a child with a health or additional health related need.
We work together to assess and support children and young people with a wide range of needs such as:
- Delay in development
- Physical, vision and hearing impairment
- Learning difficulties or likelihood of additional needs in school
- Social interaction and communication issues
- Attention and hyperactivity difficulties....More
Speech and language
Our aim is to provide a high quality speech and language therapy service to children and young people with speech, language and communication difficulties and/or eating and drinking difficulties in the Warrington area.
This service is delivered by a specialist team of staff in partnership with all those working with the child/ young person.....more
Children’s Community Paediatric Medical Services (Doctors & Consultants) – Warrington
Community Paediatricians are doctors specially trained in the assessment and diagnosis of a number of conditions and contribute in their management:
- Neurodevelopmental disorders: these are conditions like Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Neurodisability, such as Cerebral Palsy.
- Chromosomal abnormalities such as Down Syndrome.
- Learning Difficulty....More
Community Neurosciences Team in Warrington
As a team we aim to:
- Provide treatment in the home and community environment
- Provide advice and education about your condition
- Support you and your family with adapting to the effects of your condition
- Provide information and signposting to other teams and services
- Provide Early Supported Discharge for stroke patients from hospital (see below)
- Complete an assessment of your ability to carry out a range of daily living activities (e.g. self care, leisure, productivity tasks) and support you to reach the optimum level of independence in these areas
- Specialist assessment and treatment /management of:
- Cognitive skills (e.g. memory, problem solving)
- Physical Skills, (e.g. mobility and function)
- Emotional needs (e.g. anxiety / low mood)
- Behavioural issues (e.g. temper, impulsive behaviour).....more
The School Health Team are part of the Warrington 0-19 Integrated Service and we work with children and young people aged 5-19 years and their families to promote health and wellbeing with a focus on early help and support....more
Oral Health Improvement Service
The role of Oral Health Improvement is to promote important evidence based oral health messages to groups in the community.
Some of the programmes include:
- Supervised Toothbrushing in early year settings and reception classes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste distribution scheme for school aged children
- Tasty Tuck Award for Primary Schools
- Training for early years staff, health visiting teams, school health advisors, nursing and care staff.
The team also attend and support a number of local and national campaigns, and community based events throughout the year....more
Do you need advice on sexual health?
Warrington Sexual Health offers free, confidential sexual health services at Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre.
- Confidential advice
- Testing and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections
- HIV testing, treatment, advice and support
- All contraceptives, including coils and implants
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening for under 25s
- Quick testing service for chlamydia & gonorrhoea
- Help and advice following sexual assault
- Psychosexual counselling via referral.....more
ADDvanced Solutions Community Network is a Community Interest Company, not for profit social enterprise. We offer open access, solution focused, community based pre, during and post diagnosis learning, coaching and mentoring for families with a child living with a Neurodevelopmental condition including autism spectrum disorder/condition, ADHD, sensory processing difficulties, learning difficulties including dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia and dyspraxia, speech language and communication difficulties, SEN and disability....MORE