The School Health Team consists of a range of professionals including School Nurses, Community Nurses, Nursery Nurses and a Clerical Officers.
Each primary and secondary school has a named School Nurse who is supported by their team to promote health and emotional wellbeing in schools and in the community by:
- Being available to address, in confidence, any concerns about a child or young person’s health.
- Providing health advice to help children and young people to make positive health choices.
- Assessing children starting primary school after their care is transferred from the Health Visitor.
- Assessing the health of year 7 pupils before they transfer to high school.
- Offering young people an opportunity to discuss health issues confidentially at school based or community based drop ins.
- Supporting young people who have particular medical needs and providing training for education staff to help manage these needs.
- Developing care plans to support pupils with medical needs including allergy.
- Delivering classroom-based health education.
- Working with and referring to other professionals.
- Working with other agencies to safeguard and protect young people.
- Delivering the National Child Measurement programme (NCMP)....more
The role of Oral Health Improvement is to promote important evidence based oral health messages to groups in the community.
Some of the programmes include:
- Supervised Toothbrushing in early year settings and reception classes
- Toothbrush/toothpaste distribution scheme for school aged children
- Tasty Tuck Award for Primary Schools
- Training for early years staff, health visiting teams, school health advisors, nursing and care staff.
The team also attend and support a number of local and national campaigns, and community based events throughout the year....more
Do you need advice on sexual health?
Warrington Sexual Health offers free, confidential sexual health services at Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre.
- Confidential advice
- Testing and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections
- HIV testing, treatment, advice and support
- All contraceptives, including coils and implants
- Pregnancy testing
- Chlamydia Screening for under 25s
- Quick testing service for chlamydia & gonorrhoea
- Help and advice following sexual assault
- Psychosexual counselling via referral.....more