The local council, NHS trusts and other partners work together to improve the health and wellbeing of Warrington residents and to ensure that people can live as independently as possible.
These local organisations may be able to give you advice or support about particular health needs or refer you on to specialist services if necessary:
- Warrington Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for commissioning health services for the local community. For more information about community health services, contact your local GP surgery.
- Warrington Public Health team is part of Warrington Borough Council. It is focused on preventing poor health in local communities. It provides training for professionals, education for the community and it widely promotes ways for people to be healthy including alcohol and smoking prevention services.
- Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust provides a range of health services in the community, from district nursing in people's homes to stop smoking advice in GP practices and speech and language therapy for children in specialist community clinics.
- Warrington and Halton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust manages Warrington Hospital and Halton general hospital. The two NHS hospitals work together to provide health care services across Warrington, Runcorn, Widnes and the surrounding areas.
- North West Boroughs Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist NHS trust that provide treatment, support and guidance for people affected by mental ill health and learning disabilities.
- Healthwatch Warrington is a network of local people, organisations and groups that want to make health and social care services better. Healthwatch gives everyone in the community the chance to say what they think about local health and social care services and their experiences.
Out of hours GP
There is a GP out of hours service available in Warrington that provides emergency access to medical advice and care when your own GP surgery is closed.
- NHS choices is a website that aims to put you in control of your healthcare. This may be by helping you to make choices about your health or lifestyle, such as smoking, drinking and exercise, through to practical aspects of finding and using NHS services when you need them.
- The Department of Health website also gives information about specialist services and voluntary organisations for people with particular physical disabilities and medical conditions.