WBC Early Years Special Educational Needs Team
Information about the service:
Who we are:
- Early Years SEN Outreach Teacher who co-ordinates Outreach Support from Sandy Lane Nursery School
- Sandy Lane Nursery School designated provision
These services are co-ordinated by the Headteacher at Sandy Lane Nursery and Forest School designated provision.
- Support is provided for pre-school children who have or are undergoing assessment by the Child Development Centre’s (CDC) multi-disciplinary team
- Sandy Lane Nursery and Forest School designated provision; the designated provision offers nursery education for children referred by the CDC
These services are co-ordinated by the Headteacher at Sandy Lane and Forest Nursery School.
Sandy Lane Nursery and Forest School Designated Provision - Referrals to Sandy Lane Nursery and Forest School Designated Provision and Outreach Support are received via the CDC.
In addition, the Local Authority Inclusion Team, the Information and Childcare Team and Childcare Inclusion Officer may also support pre-school children with special educational needs and their families.
There are close links with the multi-professional team at the CDC.
- Ensure that pre-school children have their special educational needs identified as soon as possible
- Work collaboratively with other professionals to identify those needs
- Ensure that all children are able to access their local early years provision
- Develop a partnership with parents which supports them in a variety of ways
- Provide supported learning opportunities which will encourage the optimum development of pre-school children with special educational needs
- Provide access to learning opportunities for pre-school children with special educational needs, which reflect the experiences and good practice that are appropriate for all pre-school children, regardless of gender, race, culture or type of disability
- Provide training and support for Early Years Practitioners working with children with special educational needs
The service is suitable for parents, carers and staff of children in Early Years settings.
Sandy Lane Nursery School Designated Provision - Referrals to Sandy Lane Nursery School Designated Provision and Outreach Support are received via the Child Development Centre.
Who to contact
- 01925 623640 - Early Years SEN Outreach Teacher (CDC referrals)
Where to go
WBC, Childen and Young People's Services
- WA1 2NJ
Time / date details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Age ranges
- 0-5 year olds
- Referral required
- Referral details
If settings have a concern about a child they can contact one of the Early Years Quality Support Officers via the Families Information Service on 01925 443131.