Intermediate Care Team
Intermediate care is provided jointly by health services and Warrington Borough Council's adult social services. We provide a range of services and therapies to people (18+) which aim to:
- help you remain as independent as possible in your own home and your local community
- prevent inappropriate hospital admission
- ensure that if you are admitted to hospital you have a safe discharge and do not have to be re-admitted to hospital
- reduce the need for long term care and support
- reduce the need for residential and nursing placements
Services are provided by social workers, consultants, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and other professionals.
The type of service you receive depends on your assessment. Intermediate care can be provided in certain residential or nursing homes or within your own home.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Warrington Borough Council
New Town House
- WA1 2NH
- There is no charge for intermediate care.
- Referral details
Referrals for intermediate care are typically made by doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers, care providers and GPs.
You will be assessed by health and social care staff who must identify that you have the potential to improve and that you are willing to work towards agreed goals. They will then agree with you a structured individual care plan that will last for 1-6 weeks.