Refuge - Warrington Independent Domestic Violence and Abuse Service
We support women and men experiencing domestic abuse in Warrington. Our independent domestic violence advocates and outreach workers:
- Provide emotional and practical support to victims from the point of crisis
- Offer intensive support to help ensure short, medium and long term safety
- Provide information and guidance on civil and criminal court proceedings and legal options
- Empower victims to make informed decisions about their safety, and the safety of their children
- Help victims access other specialist support e.g. refuge accommodation
If you are experiencing domestic violence it may help to remember the following:
- You are not alone
- The abuse is not your fault
- Your partner's behaviour will only change if they recognise they have a problem and take responsibility for changing their abusive behaviour
- Domestic violence is against the law
- Help is available - contact the Refuge Warrington Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy Service
- If you are in immediate danger call 999
This is a confidential service - information is only shared with relevant agencies if there is a risk of harm to yourself or any children.
Who to contact
Where to go
The service will make arrangements to meet people with disabilities in accessible locations.
- Age ranges
- 12 years +
- Local/National Service?