Footsteps Support Service for Families and Friends of Drug & Alcohol Users
Footsteps is a charity working in Warrington and St Helens in the North West of England. We offer listening, information and support to anyone affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use. Since our foundation in 2000, we have helped thousands of parents, grandparents, partners, siblings and friends to cope with their situation in the best way for them.Our trained staff and volunteers are always ready to help. Our service is free, and you can talk to someone about your fears, feelings and concerns in a friendly, confidential environment.We aim to:
- empower clients to achieve changes in their family relationships which improve their own well-being and that of other family members.
- provide accurate information and awareness about drugs and alcohol and about local services available to the substance user.
- continue supporting clients throughout the substance use career of the family member.
- recruit, train and supervise volunteers and family support workers, to a recognised high level of competence, who will deliver this service locally to the highest possible standard.
- reduce the stigma associated with substance misuse by providing accurate and understandable drug awareness training to the wider local community when appropriate.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Gateway
89 Sankey Street
- WA1 1SR
Any bus to town centre bus station.
Time / date details
- When is it on
- The service is available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral details
Available to any adult family member, e.g. parents, partners, grandparents, siblings and also carers and friends.Referrals can be made in the following ways:
- Self-referrals - by telephone, drop-ins or e-mails.
- Referrals can also be made by other agencies or parties, by telephone or on completion of a referral form (available on request).
Evening appointments are available if required.Support Group meets every other Wednesday 12pm - 3pm at Fairfield Community Centre and every other Friday at Whitecross Community Centre, 1pm to 3pm.Our helpline is also manned until 10pm Monday to Friday.
- Local/National Service?