Sunshine Children's Centre
Sunshine Children’s Centre is based in the Fairfield and Howley area of Warrington and provides services for local young children and their families offering a variety of play and development opportunities, health advice, guidance and family support.
We regularly review the services so feel free to give us a call and find out our latest sessions. However, generally, the key services we offer our local families include:
- We have lots to offer our families and the Early Help (0-10) Workers who are based at the Centre run weekly play sessions for babies and toddlers such as Baby Sing-a-Long, Baby All Kinds of Play and Toddler All Kinds of Play. Sessions are often reviewed and different ones on offer so, give us a call to find out what’s going on now and in the future.
- Family Support: Our Early Help (0-10) Workers often support local families and this service is available by self-referral or through partner agencies and one morning a week Citizen's Advice come to the Centre to offer support to our local families (appointment system – bookable by contacting the Centre).
- Education: training and employment: courses run in association with Priestley College, including English and Maths, referral to parenting classes such as Webster Stratton and life skill sessions, such as First Aid, healthy eating and relaxation and wellbeing.
- Health: Bosom Buddies breastfeeding support group, health visitor drop-in sessions and also 1 year/2 year health checks, community midwife appointments and Chatterbox sessions.
Our services are designed to support parents from pre-natal to their child growing older and starting school. We do this by offering our services and support with the aim being that children achieve the five outcomes which children and young people see as key to well-being in childhood and later life:
1. Being healthy
2. Staying safe
3. Enjoying and achieving
4. Making a positive contribution
5. Achieving economic well-being
Sunshine Children’s Centre had been developed to support local families in the Fairfield and Howley area of Warrington. Most services are drop-in sessions which anyone can attend but places on courses and specific groups e.g. Citizens’ Advice session and Toddler All Kinds of Play need to be booked in advance on 01925 443920.
A request for specific support from the Early Years 0-10 Workers who are based at our centre, e.g. one to one support, requires a referral with signed consent from the family. This can be a self-referral or through another agency such as your Health Visitor.
Sometimes if a group/course is full there may be a reserve list and we will contact you when a place becomes available.
Who to contact
- 01925 443920
Where to go
- Sunshine Childrens Centre
- WA2 7RQ
Time / date details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday
- Session Information
8.30am - 5.00pm
- Age ranges
- The services at the Children's Centre are designed to meet the needs of parents/carers and their families from pre natal to school age.
- Referral details
Most services are drop-ins. For some services there will be an appointment system. Parents and families can self refer and sometimes organisations can refer families, but only with their written permission.
Professional groups such as childminders and early years consultants will also use the centre.
- Local/National Service?