Family support is delivered by a dedicated team of workers known as the Family Outreach Team (FOT). They support families at an early stage to improve the life chances of children and young people.
The Family Outreach Team work with families experiencing a range of challenges such as debt, housing issues, domestic violence, poor mental or emotional health, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour, and neglect, through home visiting and assessment of needs.
A key aspect of the help provided to families includes:
• Support to families with children aged 0-19 years old with complex and multiple needs
• An assessment of needs, helping families to identify what works well and what needs to change
• Acting as lead professional for the family, helping the family to access support and work with other services to make changes
• Parenting advice and working with the family to improve the confidence and self-esteem of children, young people and parents/carers
• Being a positive role model and advocate for children and young people
• Listening to the views of families and their children to provide support.
Who to contact
- 01925 443131
Where to go
New Town House
- WA1 2NH