Westy Children's Centre
Westy Children’s Centre provides services for local young children and their families, offering a variety of play and development opportunities, health advice, guidance and family support.
We regularly review the services so feel free to give us a call and find out our latest sessions. However, generally, the key services we offer our local families include:
- We have our own family friendly café, offering great food at affordable prices which is open from 9am until 3pm (closed for lunch 1pm-1:30pm and only drinks served after 2pm).
- We have lots to offer toddlers and babies, such as our soft play area and library. Our Early Help (0-10) Workers who are based at the Centre run weekly play sessions for babies and toddlers, sing-along fun and family reading sessions and much more.
- We also offer a light and sound room, which is bookable by contacting the Centre.
- Family Support: Our Early Help (0-10) Workers often support local families and this service is available by self-referral or through partner agencies and one morning a week Citizen's Advice come to the Centre to offer support to our local families (appointment system – bookable by contacting the Centre).
- Education: training and employment: courses run in association with Priestley College, including English and Maths, referral to parenting classes such as Webster Stratton and life skill sessions, such as First Aid, healthy eating and relaxation and wellbeing.
- Health: Bosom Buddies breastfeeding support group, parent craft classes, health visitor drop-in sessions and also 1 year/2 year health checks, community midwife appointments and Chatterbox sessions.
The latest timetable we have is attached on the right hand side of this page. Timetables are subject to change so we strongly advise contacting the centre before attending.
Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm (Centre open for sessions/café/soft play at 9.00am-4.00pm)
Our services are designed to support parents from pre-natal to their child growing older and starting school. We do this by offering our services and support with the aim being that children achieve the five outcomes which children and young people see as key to well-being in childhood and later life:
1. Being healthy
2. Staying safe
3. Enjoying and achieving
4. Making a positive contribution
5. Achieving economic well-being
Westy Children’s Centre had been developed to serve the families in South Warrington. Most services are drop-in sessions that anyone can attend but places on courses and specific groups e.g. Citizens’ Advice session, need to be booked in advance on 01925 443920.
A request for specific support from the Early Years 0-10 Workers who are based at our centre, e.g. one to one support, requires a referral with signed consent from the family. This can be a self-referral or through another agency such as your Health Visitor.
Sometimes if a group/course is full there may be a reserve list and we will contact you when a place becomes available.
Who to contact
Fax: 01925 653844
Where to go
Westy Children's Centre
- WA4 1RE
Time / date details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm (Centre open for sessions 9.00am-4.00pm)
- Age ranges
- The services are suitable for children of age-range 0-5 years (and parents and carers of 0-5 year old children).
- Referral details
The Children’s Centre had been developed to serve the families in South Warrington but is open to other families to access the facilities.
Most services are drop-in sessions that anyone can attend but places on courses and specific groups e.g. Citizens’ Advice session, need to be booked in advance on 01925 570870.
A request for specific support from the Sure Start Team, e.g. one to one support from a family support worker requires a referral with signed consent from the family. This can be a self-referral or through another agency.
Sometimes if a group/course is full there may be a reserve list.