Adults' Inpatient Mental Health Services (Male)

We provide mental health inpatient services for adults in Warrington. Our male inpatient ward is called Austen Ward and our female inpatient ward is called Sheridan Ward. 

Our inpatient wards provide a safe and comfortable environment to promote recovery and mental wellbeing, and meet your needs as an individual. Every service user will have their own private en-suite bedroom, as well as access to communal living areas and activity rooms on the wards. 

Who is our service for?

Our inpatient mental health services are for adults with severe mental health problems like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and severe depression.  

Wherever possible, we aim to support our service users in the community and only a small number the service users we see will need to be treated by our inpatient services. 

If your mental health needs do become more complex, it may be felt that a stay on one of our wards would be the best way to meet your current level of needs.  

Who do we work in partnership with?

We work closely with our community mental health services such as our assessment teams, home treatment teams and recovery teams to ensure a smooth transition to community services when you are discharged from one of our wards and make sure you have the right support in place to enable you to stay well in the community. 

We also work with other local services such as social services, housing services, substance misuse services and your GP. 

Who to contact

01925 664 130

Where to go

Austin Ward
Hollins Park House, Hollins Park Hospital
Hollins Lane

Other details


Referral required
Referral details

As our mental health wards are specialist services, you can't self-refer to them.  

If you are experiencing symptoms of mental illness, please make an appointment to see your GP who will be able to talk to you about your symptoms and how they are affecting you. They will then be able to advise on which local services they think will be able to help and make a referral for you. 

If you are already open to one of our community mental health services, contact your care coordinator or alternatively, you can contact your local mental health assessment team directly.