Shelter is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing. They can offer advice, information and advocacy to people in housing need, and they campaign for national changes to end the housing crisis for good.
Shelter provides free, confidential advice to people with all kinds of housing problems (e.g. disrepair, landlord problems, possession hearing, rent arrears). You can get advice by:
- reading through the information on their website
- chatting online with a housing adviser
- speaking to one of their housing advisers in person (the nearest Shelter local advice centres are in Manchester, Liverpool and Blackburn)
- calling their free helpline, if the matter is urgent
Who to contact
- 0808 800 4444 (free from UK landlines)
Time / date details
- When is it on
- Shelter helpline - 8.00am-8.00pm Monday to Friday / 8.00am-5.00pm Saturday & Sunday
- Calls are free from UK landlines and all major UK mobile operators.