Housingplus - Housing and homelessness advice
Housingplus is Warrington Borough Council’s free housing advice and homelessness service. They offer a wide range of services for homeowners, private renters, council tenants and people who have lost, or are in danger of losing, their homes. Their aim is to prevent homelessness before it happens.
Free, confidential and independent information, help and advice ia available to everyone living in Warrington who may have housing problems.
They also provide a range of housing and homelessness services including:
- Private rented sector bond scheme
- Interest-free loan scheme
- Mortgage rescue scheme
- Mediation service
- Sanctuary scheme
- Access to hostels and supported housing
- Initial contact services for Under One Roof and Golden Gates Housing Trust
- Disabled Facilities Grants and Disabled Facilities Agency Service
- Houses in multiple occupation
- Property inspections for immigration purposes
- Home energy efficiency advice
- Housing grants and assistance
- Local authority mortgage scheme
- Advice on renting out your home
- Poor housing conditions
- Empty dwellings
- Cheshire Landlord Accreditation Scheme (CLAS) and Landlord Forum
- Harassment and illegal eviction
For information about applying for social housing visit the Under One Roof website. Please note not all housing associations advertise their properties through Under One Roof you may wish to contact the associations directly.
Who to contact
Where to go
89-101 The Gateway
- WA1 1SR
Time / date details
- Session Information
Drop in sessions: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9am-5pm
Drop in sessions: Wednesday, 9am-12noon and 2pm-5pm
- Age ranges
- All age groups
- Referral required
- Referral details
You can contact us to make an appointment to see one of our housing advisors, or come to our drop-in service.
You'll be seen by an advisor who will provide an initial assessment of your housing needs to ensure that you receive the best service possible.
If you're unable to attend our offices because of illness or disability, we can provide home visits.
- Local/National Service?