Warrington division, Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Trust - Community Paediatric medical service
Community Paediatricians work in conjunction with other professionals and provide specialist advice and services for a range of problems that affects a child’s health and development. These include:-
- Medical assessment and advice for children who may have special educational needs
- Medical assessment and advice for children looked after by the Local Authority
- Medical advice where there are child protection concerns including an on call service for examination of children referred by children's social care or police public protection unit (PPU).
Specialist clinics - Community paediatric secondary referral clinics
Held at Penketh, Garven Place, Woolston and Grappenhall Clinics and at the Child Development Centre. Children are seen with problems including:-
- Concern about developmental progress
- Health or developmental problems in a child who may have special educational needs
- Co-ordination difficulties
- Concern about social interaction/communication
- Concern about attention and behaviour which has a significant impact at school and home
Constipation clinic – held at the Child Development Centre in conjunction with the paediatric continence service
Bedwetting/daytime wetting clinics – in conjunction with the paediatric continence service
Faltering Growth Clinic - held at Child Development Centre in conjunction with a specialist health visitor.
For details of the Child Development Centre and Audiology services see separate entries on this website.
Details of National Organsiation - see website www.bacch.org.uk.
Who to contact
Where to go
Child Development Centre
- WA2 9HY
Time / date details
- When is it on
- Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm
- Age ranges
- 0-18 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
Referrals are accepted from health professionals, specialist teachers, educational psychologists and professionals in social services.
Parents are advised to talk to their health visitor, school health advisor, school SENCO or GP if they feel a referral is required.
Community Paediatric Service keeps to 18 weeks referral to treatment (18RTT).
- Other notes
Translation may be arranged if required through Warrington NHS Trust.